Thursday 2 February 2017

Decor try-out at my place.

I got inspired by one lady who decided to organize a party for her daughter and celebrate her birthday in (black-light) style. She had an unfinished basement where she decided to paint a concrete wall with fluorescent paint and she attached many hooks to be able to use some colorful fluorescnet yarn with a geometric design. She also used that yarn to make a net on unfinished ceiling. 

And I got the idea to make such a net. The problem was with those hooks. I could not attach any hooks in my walls or ceiling, so I had to get creative. First I used a fishing line, yet it was too soft and I could not get my desing working. The second try was with a metal wire - almost perfect. I did my net and it was super. Hmmm, I spent 5 hours doing this and I did some pictures. 

But, how to transfer this to a dance hall? And it was a total disaster - I could not recreate net in the dance hall. What a pity. This design was and it is still good for a temporary occasions when there is more time to construct a metal wire frame that would hold the net. All this has to be done in a venue, not moved to it. Surely, if one wishes to have it done for longer time as in a basement or a bar, then sure it could be done with hooks or with a metal wire. So, here it is two versions of a similar project.  Yet, I did not make my pictures during late night testing when it was dark outside and my blacklight was working - i just was too tired to look for a camera at 3:30 in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment