Thursday 2 February 2017

The show must go on!

In October 2016, there were two dances at Kanata Dance Club. Christmas party happened as usual in December, haha.  2017 opened with Mardi Gras and now we organize coming Valentine's Love Day Party.  Every time, there is a lot of things going on behid the scenes to make successful dance.  We welcome other volunteers to help as much they can.  There is always something to do.  In my department of Decor, I would love to have some extra hands to deal with less technical and more artistic aspects of creating decorations.  It must be noted that there is a substantial involvement of other Directors who help me or a regular basis.  Yet, the Club needs new members to help to release those who already do a job for 3 or 4 people. It is tiring and everybody on Board of Directors feels it.

I would like to establish a new section in this blog where members of Board of Directors and other ones at large could see the process of creation of new decorations and be able to choose potential decor from ones available at local stores.  When I visit these stores, I took some pictures to document what could bought or not to forget some inspirations and ideas, since not everything is ready to use. Most of materials have to be modified and tested at out private residences.

Lately, I did some hanging decor using baloons and knitting yarns that were already fluorescent and there was no need to spray them with fluorescent paint.  I have developed a way of attaching yarn to ballons....but this is my trade secret!  Well, not much, since there are many videos on youtube how to do it.  You just...have to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment